Chiropractic For Sports Injuries
Activities can exert a tremendous amount of stress on the spinal column and joints. Doctors Patrick Arnold and Matthew Corbo work with amateur through professional athletes in Linwood, NJ and the surrounding areas for optimal health to prevent injury. Unfortunately injuries occur, but with chiropractic for sports injuries, clients regain strength and avoid chronic issues.
A sports injury such as a sprained ankle or sore back can result from poor technique or lead to poor technique when an individual athlete overcompensates for an injury favoring one side of his or her body or one position. Sports injuries also lead to secondary pains and problems. We treat not just the specific location of pain, but the areas radiating out from it as well.
Often, sports injuries can be prevented. Our facility helps patients prevent injury by teaching proper conditioning, warm-up, and cool-down techniques for each sport or exercise activity.
Our doctors and athletic trainers provide a wide range of services including:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Sports Therapy
- Performance Enhancing Sports Training
- Strength and Conditioning
- Personal Training
- Wellness and Nutritional Coaching
- and More…
Kinesio Taping is a procedure that utilizes a special tape that helps to support chiropractic adjustments while still allowing for free range of motion within the muscles. The tape is very thin and the wave like glue pattern allows the skin to be lifted from the affected area.
There are a number of benefits to Kinesio taping that far outweigh traditional taping methods of the past. These include:
- Muscle Support: Kinesio tape supports the muscle’s ability to contract. This can relieve any pain or fatigue felt in the muscle and prevents cramping.
- Joint Corrections: Using the tape properly will increase the range of motion in your joints and loosen your muscles.
- Self Healing: There is no medicine or drugs in Kinesio tape. It instead works by allowing your body to heal itself.
- Allowing flow of body fluids: Kinesio tape promotes and improves blood and lymphatic circulation. This will reduce inflammation in your body’s tissue.
At Mainland Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, Dr. Patrick Arnold and Dr. Matthew Corbo have extensive knowledge and training in Kinesio taping. Kinesio taping is not just for professional athletes. It can be used by anyone seeking to manage pain, relax the muscles or reduce inflammation.
I would like to personally thank the entire Mainland Wellness team for their continued support in all of my therapy sessions. They are great.