MASHED CAULIFLOWER SHEPHERD’S PIE
- 1 Lb. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 15.25oz. Can of Corn, Drained
- 1 14.5oz. Can of Green Beans, Drained
- 1 15oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Head Cauliflower Roughly Chopped (removing center)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower until soft; approx. 10-15 minutes.
- While cauliflower is steaming, heat olive oil on medium-high in a large pan and sauté onions until translucent; 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey; brown and season with garlic salt, salt & oregano.
- Add corn, green beans and tomato sauce. Heat throughout.
- Once cauliflower has softened, drain all water and mash with a potato masher, handheld immersion blender, or hand mixer.
- Spoon meat mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish and cover with prepared mashed cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the pie with shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD & LEMON POPPY SEED
Ingredients: FOR THE GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
1 head romaine lettuce large, or 2 small
1 cup toasted pecans
1 pomegranate arils removed
Ingredients: FOR THE LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil grapeseed, canola, avocado oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a pint jar and screw the lid on tight. Shake vigorously until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill. Cut the romaine head in half length-wise. Then quickly grill on both sides until char marks form. Remove and roughly chop the romaine.
- Cut the avocados in half and use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh in one whole piece. Cut in half lengthwise, then use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- Divide the romaine between 4 plates. Top with pecans, pomegranate arils, and avocado hearts. Drizzle with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Garnish with anything you like
BROCCOLI & CHEESE STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half; seeds removed
- Non-stick spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian season (or use a mix of oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a microwave save dish, place your squash halves side by side. Add about 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the dish (water should be covering the bottom, but not more than 1/4 inch high). Place into microwave and cook on high for 9-11 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove, and set aside for about 10 minutes to cool.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick spray, add red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and garlic, stirring to combine. Add about 2 TBS water to the skillet and turn up the heat. Sauté for 3-5 more minutes, or until the chopped broccoli is tender. Add mixture to a large bowl, discarding any left-over water.
- Using a fork, scrape out the flesh (‘spaghetti’) of the squash, and add it to the large bowl with the broccoli mixture. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning to the mixture, stir to combine.
- Turn your broiler on medium/high. Distribute the mixture back into the squash shells, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of each squash half. Place shells into an oven safe baking dish/pan.
- Place under broiler, watching carefully. Remove when cheese is bubbling and browned, about 2-3 minutes depending on how close the squash is to the broiler.
- Remove and enjoy!
GARLIC MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
ROASTED GREEN BEANS, MUSHROOMS, AND ONIONS WITH PARMESAN BREADCRUMBS
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 c. fresh breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan (1/2 oz.)
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On two rimmed baking sheets, arrange green beans, onions, and mushrooms. Toss each with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and deeply browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add breadcrumbs and oregano and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, and zest of lemon.
- Squeeze lemon juice over roasted vegetables and top with Parmesan breadcrumbs.
BAKED MAC & CHEESE WITH SPINACH
- 3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 16-ounce or 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces (2 cups) whole-wheat elbow macaroni, or penne
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Preheat oven to 450 °F. Coat an 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, oil and paprika in a small bowl. Place spinach in a fine-mesh strainer and press out excess moisture.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth; add to the hot milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar until melted. Stir in cottage cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes, or until not quite tender. (It will continue to cook during baking.) Drain and add to the cheese sauce; mix well. Spread half the pasta mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the spinach on top. Top with the remaining pasta; sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
These guys are great. I’ve had everything adjusted from my neck to my knee and every time my ailment either got better or disappeared after the treatment. Friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Dr’s Pat & Matt are the best!
Schedule Your Appointment with Mainland Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
Call (609) 926-3777 or Click Below to Request an Appointment Online:
the button to schedule your appointment! Schedule Appointment
Tues: 8:00am - 5:45pm
Wed: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs: 8:00am - 5:45pm
Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm (1pm on 11/27)
Sat: 8:00am - 12:00pm