GARLIC MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
ROASTED GREEN BEANS, MUSHROOMS, AND ONIONS WITH PARMESAN BREADCRUMBS
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 c. fresh breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan (1/2 oz.)
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On two rimmed baking sheets, arrange green beans, onions, and mushrooms. Toss each with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and deeply browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add breadcrumbs and oregano and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan, and zest of lemon.
- Squeeze lemon juice over roasted vegetables and top with Parmesan breadcrumbs.
BAKED MAC & CHEESE WITH SPINACH
- 3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 16-ounce or 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces (2 cups) whole-wheat elbow macaroni, or penne
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Preheat oven to 450 °F. Coat an 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, oil and paprika in a small bowl. Place spinach in a fine-mesh strainer and press out excess moisture.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth; add to the hot milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar until melted. Stir in cottage cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes, or until not quite tender. (It will continue to cook during baking.) Drain and add to the cheese sauce; mix well. Spread half the pasta mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the spinach on top. Top with the remaining pasta; sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
These guys are great. I’ve had everything adjusted from my neck to my knee and every time my ailment either got better or disappeared after the treatment. Friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Dr’s Pat & Matt are the best!